Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Alaska Redistricting Board Has 4 Draft Plans

[UPDATE 4pm - I've added Kenai and Matsu/ER maps for Option A. You can look at closer views of Southeast - in all five options - here.]


The temperature in Anchorage is down a bit today and I decided it was time to visit the Board's work session again.  Board member PeggyAnn McConnochie gave me a weather report (yesterday the main room was 88˚F and one office was over 100˚F) and then a tour of the draft plans on the wall.

There are four draft plans - I took pictures of Plans A, B, C, and D.  But as I'm writing this, plan C has been replaced by Plan E. [UPDATE:  I double checked, C was taken down for more work and may or may not come back]

NOTE:  ALL THESE PLANS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE BOARD'S WEBSITE SOMETIME THIS AFTERNOON.  THEY SHOULD BE POSTED HERE IN THE DRAFT PLAN TAB.  THESE WILL BE MUCH BETTER RESOLUTION THAN MINE.

These are labeled DRAFT in big letters.  It's what the Board and staff have come up with so far.  From what I can tell, they didn't completely reinvent the wheel and used what they learned the first time around to help them make districts.

I saved these all in a little higher resolution than normal so you can enlarge them, though the light is bad and they aren't great.  You should be able to get much better files on the Board's website soon.

BOARD DRAFT OPTION A - NOT ADOPTED



BOARD DRAFT OPTION A ANCHORAGE


BOARD DRAFT OPTION A - FAIRBANKS

BOARD DRAFT OPTION A - KENAI

BOARD DRAFT OPTION A - MATSU/ER




BOARD DRAFT OPTION B - NOT ADOPTED




BOARD DRAFT OPTION B - ANOCHORAGE


BOARD DRAFT OPTION B -FAIRBANKS


BOARD DRAFT OPTION B - KENAI

BOARD DRAFT OPTION B - MATSU/ER


BOARD DRAFT OPTION D - NOT ADOPTED  [C WAS REMOVED AND REPLACED BY E (RAY'S) AND THEN LATER CAME F [ERIN'S]



BOARD DRAFT OPTION D - ANCHORAGE

BOARD DRAFT OPTION D - FAIRBANKS

BOARD DRAFT OPTION D - MATSU/ER

BOARD DRAFT OPTION D - KENAI




While I was uploading and downloading my photos, they added two more Draft Options - E (Ray's) and F (Erin's).  Ray and Erin are GIS tech's lent to the Board by the Department of Natural Resources.  [Probably good I waited - they've just replaced Option F twice now.]

I also seem to have left out Matsu and Kenai in Option A.  I'll try to add them in.

And, since Southeast didn't have its own little box, I didn't do a closeup of them.  I'll try to repair that oversight too.

And everyone hear assures me that the new person they contracted to keep the website up-to-date will get these all up any time now, so you'll get much better images there. 

And for those who are curious, yes, there's a reason Kenai is larger - it's vertical and I can use Blogger's standard extra-large setting without it running into the sides.  I can play with it in HTML, but I'm trying to get these up quickly.



[UPDATE:  You can look at closer views of Southeast - in all five options - here.]





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.