Friday, February 19, 2010

Juneau Fog and Sun

 
 This morning there was fog outside, but as I walked to the Capitol, Mt. Juneau was showing through the fog with a blue sky background.

  
 But looking to the east, Mt. Roberts was shrouded in fog.

  
 After the State Affairs Hearing and stopping in to check on a few offices, I headed to Centennial Hall for the Fetal Alcohol Conference.  More on that later.  Speakers were excellent.  Went down the stairs which give pedestrians a short cut.

  
 Just before I went into the meeting, I saw this view  of the 
mountains above the fog on the other side of the channel

  
 And when I left the meeting about 2:30pm, the sun was shining bright and the sky bright blue, but there was still some fog in the channel.  But it was rapidly evaporating as I walked over to get the picture above. 

 
And by 4pm, the sky was brilliant blue.  The stairwell (several pictures 
above) is to the right of the four story building on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.