Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm a Broken Record - Juneau is Beautiful!

Third day of nothing but blue sky and sunshine.  It's comfortably warm in the sun, chilly in the shade.  And as we got higher up the trail, we got into snow.  But even though we're still exploring the same trail - Basin Road and Perseverance Trail, I'm seeing new sights and it's simply spectacular. 




 
Remember you can double click on any picture to enlarge it. 
And yes I know you've seen this sign before, but it's bigger here.
  
A man paused while I was taking this picture and asked if 
I was a  geologist. He was and he said he didn't see many people 
taking pictures of rock formations.  



 


  


  
Note the two rocks covered with a thin clear coating of ice.


 
The snow at this point was covered with hoar frost.

  



  

  

This is a frosted nut.


  





 



 
 

This is Silver Bow Basin.

1 comment:

  1. I know, I know. I love the waters and mountains of the entire NW biozone! It beats Anchorage and London, no doubt about it. [smile]

    By the way, Gene and I saw Tom Ford's 'A single man' yesterday. Colin Firth gives us a masterful understanding of its protagonist, George. He won the leading man award at the BAFTAs last night.

    I never gave much thought to Isherwood's work (the author of the book upon which the screenplay is based) but the 1960s LA story line is so subtle, tender and yes, tragic. I couldn't recommend it more highly to viewers who enjoy and seek good genre cinema. The genre here? -- gay relationships -- and I will admit to having a personal bias here -- yet this is great cinema... about love.

    The reward for me (and for you) to part with some money and time? A story line that pulls no punch. So deep, so quiet, with so much known and yet to know about who George is and who we are.

    I am still working this film over in my mind. A single man... not. Like your photos, Steve, it's something I just had to share with others.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.