Thursday, March 11, 2010

Leg Spouses Plot at Lunch

I ran into three legislative spouses lunching together Wednesday at the Silverbough. Spice (that's the alternate plural, right?) Sid Atwood (Rep. Cissna), Tina Seaton (Rep. Seaton), and Kayla Epstein (Rep. Gruenberg) were plotting, it turns out, to sell daffodils for the American Cancer Society.  They had over three hundred bunches.  Even for the Cancer Society spring comes later in the rest of Alaska.  Their daffodil drives aren't until later in March.


Today it looked like every office in the Capitol had daffodils.  Nice, because it's gray with snowflakes outside.

1 comment:

  1. Mouse/mice
    Spouse/spice

    It took me a couple of seconds to figure it out, but that sounds right. I read this and "Spice" made me think of "Tell me what you want! What you really-really-want!" of the pop group from England that we can't seem to send back. I kept looking for "talent show with the lawmakers" in the text, but found daffodils!

    These flowers brightened up my day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.