Saturday, March 27, 2010

What Do I Know? Linked in Craigslist Ad

This is the first time I've noticed that this blog was linked in a Craigslist ad.  What were they selling?  A Maytag washer, of course.  The Maytag post was my first 'big' post.  I got about 22 hits, a one day record at the time.  I did fix the first problem, but eventually, we replaced the 32 year old washer for a much more water and energy efficient one.  But this post still gets regular hits.

Maytag Washer and Dryer - $100 (Eau Claire)


Date: 2010-03-27, 12:54AM CDT
Reply to: sale-twxg6-1663474401@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]


It might be called the odd couple, but that show and 1/2 of this combo ran forever. The washing machine is a bid on the classic old style side. Made when things were made to last, this Maytag model A230 is one that keeps on going. I checked it out and found a few articles like this one on the Internet. Cut and paste it to your browser and read for your self. "http://whatdoino-steve.blogspot.com/2006/12/power-of-old-maytags-and-new-websites.html.

The Dryer is much newer, I don't have a date for you (around 5 years or under) I am helping a neighbor to recycle these to someone's door. The dryer is a Maytag Ultimate II and when I looked them up they lite up the sky with all the stars. (I've always wanted to say that.) If you got an interest, reply back and leave a phone # to call you back.

I appreciate your time, good luck and Thank you!

  • Location: Eau Claire
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.