Friday, December 11, 2015

AIFF 2015: I Found My Perfect Movie - Superjednostka

The Polish documentary short by Teresa Czepiec was the best film I've seen at the festival so far. That's a pretty strong statement and I'll try to flesh out the reasons when I have more time. For now, I'll just say, it used the medium of film to tell the story better than anything else I've seen. The camera flowed, shots transitioned beautifully. The images in this otherwise stark Soviet era housing block, were beautiful. There was no narration and relatively little talking, but the story of the building and the people who lived in it was exceptionally well told.

 I'd pick this one for the best documentary of the festival simply because it was the best use of the medium to tell its story.  To give you at least a sense of it, here's the trailer.





Unfortunately, unless the jurors agree with me and it gets an award, today was the last chance to see this film at the Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.