Monday, April 05, 2010

Weenie Google

Too small to use.  I've gotten a few hits from something called Weenie Google.  I'm not sure what it means, but I'm just noting it.


I don't know if this is supposed to be some sort of spoof on Google, an attempt to use Google's name, or what.  I don't see any serious anti-google propaganda here like Scroogle-Scraper has. 

Google has done amazing things - including making blogs like this one possible to get an audience.  Their current decision to shut down their China operation rather than censor their searches is a good sign.  However, while the current controllers of the giant information machine that Google has become appear to have good intentions, any organization that has a significant source of power inevitably attracts people who want a piece of that power. 

What will happen in the future when the founders eventually depart?  Will they set up a plan to break up key components of Google so future leaders can't use this growing monopoly on information for evil purposes?

UPDATE:  Also check out Epic GoogleMr. Doob's Google Gravity, and the Revolving Internet.

3 comments:

  1. I had some hacking problem maybe with my blog so I restarted with a new one. The old one became totally messed up.

    http://every-click-leads-here.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ropi, I tried to leave a comment on your newly created blog, but I couldn't.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.