Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What's With Charter College and Lt. Governors?

 I was looking for the Alaska Constitution and got linked from the Legislative website to this notice on the Lt Governor's website:

Page not found.

We're sorry, the link you tried has expired or is no longer available

Yesterday when I tried to link from a national state legislative districts website to get individual Alaska district maps, I got the same announcement, also from the Lt. Governor's page.  I understand the Lt. Governor may want to revamp the website, especially since the old pages had the name of the previous Lt. Governor on them.  And to his credit, Treadwell has not put his name on the new URLs.  But they might also pay attention to how many people are linked to them and even send them messages. 

I know this is possible because I got an email from the Greater Ormand Street Hospital in London advising me they were changing their URL and asking me to change my link to the new one.

So, while I was on the Lt. Governor's site trying to find the Constitution I found this notice:

Lt. Gov. Treadwell to Deliver Charter College Commencement Address

April 8, 2011, Anchorage, AK – Lieutenant Governor Mead Treadwell will deliver the commencement address to Charter College graduates tomorrow at 1:00 pm. In his speech, Lt. Gov. Treadwell will announce his goals as the new co-chair of Alaska’s State Committee on Research.
Who: Lieutenant Governor Mead Treadwell
What: Charter College Commencement address
When: Saturday, April 9 at 1:00 pm
Where: Atwood Hall, Anchorage Performing Arts Center, AK
Contact: Michelle Toohey (907) 269-7460
Sorry, it was last Saturday, so you missed it.  But I went to the graduation last year.  I knew one of the graduates.  Well, he still had a couple classes to complete.  Lt. Governor Craig Campbell was the commencement speaker last year at Charter College.

My question is this:  What is the link between Charter College and the Lt. Governor's office?

2 comments:

  1. What is the link between Charter College and the Lt. Governor's office?

    I don't know. Why not send Treadwell's office an email asking the question?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://ltgov.alaska.gov/treadwell/services/alaska-constitution.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.