Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Keeping Track of Education in the Legislature with Shana Crondahl

I've been getting comments from Shana Crondahl for a while now on this blog - particularly last year when I was in Juneau.  So I thought while I was down here it would be a good idea to get in contact with her.

She's from Juneau and knows her way around the legislature and her job is writing a newsletter on education issues going through the legislature.  She also started a blog which she updates now and then. (Since I only have the ten most recently updated blogs in the Alaska Blogs section on the right, it only pops up now and then when she makes an update, but you can go to it here.  The blog is just a teaser for the much more complete reports she does.)

We had lunch at the Silverbow.  It's still cold and windy here.  (Someone told me about flying in and it got so bumpy at 30,000 feet that the flight attendants just kneeled on the floor and held onto their carts.)  So I wanted a hot soup.

Here's a video I took at the end.  I caught her a bit by surprise, but she was a good sport.  I should have been paying more attention to those lights, sorry.



If you're interested in learning more about the Alaska Education Update the contact information is in the title box at the top of the blog.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, that was nice! And I didn't sound as discombobulated as I thought I would! It was great meeting you and I really enjoyed lunch. You are a very interesting person and your blog is one of my favorites, and greatly encouraged me to think about having my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shana was one of the brightest of the Juneau kids I watched as they grew up. Her mother was a teacher for many years before changing gears to do other things, and her father is one of Juneau's most creative artists, so it's not surprising that she's blogging on education issues.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.