Saturday, May 22, 2010

The National Gallery's East Wing

Back to DC Wednesday, we went through the underground passage from the National Gallery to the East Wing.


Then you look up.



Sol Lewitt

Lewitt up close


Max Ernst
[UPDATE Sept 2012:  I immediately thought this was the piece I'd seen at Dokumenta 3 in Kassel, Germany in 1964 and eventually found the picture of me sitting on it.]

Lichtenstein



Stuart Davis


There was something about this black and red painting that really drew me.  It's called Achilles and was painted by Barnett Newman in 1952.  Here it is close up.


Two Calders in a room full of Calders

Jackson Pollock close up


And this one is for my daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.