Friday, May 21, 2010

To Blog or Not at PATNET

I'm tempted to bring my computer downstairs and live blog the conference. But this is a conference I've been to as a participant in the past, not as a blogger, and I'm not sure I can do both. I'll try to get up a sense of what's happening to my brain here, but I've decided it's better to spend my time talking to folks than to be blogging hard.


Mark Bevir did the opening talk this morning and then there was an afternoon panel on his talk and book Democratic Governance.  








It's been seven years since I've been to a PATNET conference and it looks like Powerpoint has made a significant beachhead.  This was a conference that had resisted the technology in favor of people talking directly to each other. 







This was a panel on the impact of technology on governance and decision making.   More later, but I'm just doing this as a quick break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.