Saturday, May 22, 2010

Kaneko, Much Warmer, Cold

There was a reception last night at the Kaneko.  What I could figure out was there is an artist named Jun Kaneko.  I liked what I saw there, but there wasn't much information about the space.  The website gives a little more info.  The mission statement seems appropriate to this blog:

Creativity begins with an idea - seeing things differently.






By the way, did you know there was Nebraska wine?  I'm not drinking alcohol for health reasons at the moment, so I can't give a report.

It warmed up a lot - into the 70s - yesterday and today was supposed to be much warmer, but when we got up it was pouring out.  It really has to be raining hard for me to pick up the falling rain on my camera.    And then it stopped.  The parked cars in the lower left of the picture above are the same cars in the lower right of the picture below.

Those white tents in the back are the farmers' market.   J went and got some tomatoes, but I have to report, sadly, they didn't taste any better than the ones we get in Costco in Anchorage.  Not even as good.  But cheaper.

Meanwhile, I'm fighting off a cold with lots of liquid and vitamin C.

I've gotten to see some old friends and meet some new ones.  There have been some good exchanges of ideas, but nothing spectacular.  And my cold isn't helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.