Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Book Browsing Fix at Reiter's

Dropping into a good bookstore and just checking out what's new (to me) is always enjoyable.  Today we did that at Reiter's  Scientific, Professional, and Technical Books.  I did get to look past the cover, but you'll have to go a local bookstore, probably, to do that with these books that looked interesting.


What does it mean to have English spoken around the world?


I'm not sure about these volumes, but just the attempt to catalog so much was exciting.




The issue of honor killings came up in Germany, so this might shed some light.


There were quite a few books about the brain and how it works. I


I did look at this one more closely.



Not sure this is that great, but it is always interesting to test oneself against such lists. Do I know all these ideas?






Since this is my daughter's field, a beginner's guide might be useful.




And I'm always interested in how people write about power.

1 comment:

  1. I recommend the Paul Farmer book. I think you'd find it very interesting, and it hooks in to some things we were talking about. -m

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.