Monday, December 16, 2019

Some Suggestions For Improving Don Young's Online Poll And Anchorage Impeach Rally

I got an email poll from Don Young today.

It would appear that he is looking for confirmation of his priorities.  If he really wanted to know what his constituents wanted, then when we marked other, it would ask for specifics.  Here's the poll:

priorities opt in

Heading into 2020, which legislative priority would you like to see Congress work on?




I took it to the next step just to be sure it didn't ask for comments.  It didn't.  But it gave me the results so far.

If you want to participate you can here.

My interpretation is that Democratic priorities are on top, and Republican priorities are at the bottom. Does Don Young really want to know what we want?  Or is this just something to test whether his email list is up to date or to get his name before his constituents as we had for the 2020 election?

But just to clarify - Climate Change legislation - specifically a carbon fee and dividend bill  like the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act would be my top priority.  Impeachment is high on my list too.  Income equality through revision of the tax structure and strengthening environmental regulations and enforcement.  Immigration reform and, in the meantime, humane treatment of asylum seekers and others along the border - including letting doctors to give flu shots to inmates of ICE as well as other health care.


I also got this email today.
Nobody is Above the Law Impeachment Rally
WHEN:Tuesday, December 17 at NOON
HOST(S):Izzy F. Joni B.
WHEREU.S. District Court building
7th Ave and C Street (south east corner)
Anchorage, AK 99513
Unfortunately, I won't be able to go because I'm at the airport on my way to LA where we'll be joined in a few days by kids and grandkids.  (Unfortunately because I'll miss the rally - definitely want to be with the kids.)


2 comments:

  1. My 2 cents worth of priorities..... get rid of drumpf. Get rid of the rest of the wingnuts. Bring sanity and normalcy back to politics and lastly keep all big effing bears in Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps have the world's best time with your kids and Grands. Keep doing what you do.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.