Monday, August 31, 2009

More Mushrooms, Some Flowers, and the Garden Workers

I didn't count them, but there must be 100 mushrooms at least in the back yard, maybe 15 - 20 varieties. Can you tell we had some rain? But today was almost balmy by late August standards in Anchorage. T shirt weather. So, enjoy the pictures.












And these are my loyal garden workers
transforming our old leaves and kitchen
wastes (no meat, just raw vegies) into rich compost.
They just show up in the summer and start working.

3 comments:

  1. Some of those pictures are worthy of being illustrations in a local mycology book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate mushrooms because of their taste. We learnt them on Biology but we called the fungi there. On the other hand I am scared to eat poisonous mushroom.

    I wrote an other movie review again so you can learn from the mistakes of the past. :P (irony)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picture #5 looks like the little baby mushroom in Fantasia's mushroom dance. I almost expect it to dance. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.