Monday, June 08, 2009

Headed to SF to Visit J1 - Alaska Airline Pricing Joke

Sorry, this screen shot looks so bad. You can double click it to see it clearly.



OK, so I made a last minute reservation. $656 one way to San Francisco. Steep. I check how much it would be in mileage.

12,500 miles. And $2.50 security fee. OK, that's fine. I book it. But look in the red circle. Alaska is kind enough to show me some alternative pay options.

  • $656 cash.
  • If I want to use cash AND mileage I can go with:
    $527 plus 7,500 miles or
    $398 plus 15,000 miles
Why would they offer me that last choice if I'm already getting the ticket for
$2.50 and 12,500 miles? I wonder if anyone ever takes that choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.