Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Disney Concert Hall

I drove J1 to the LA Superior Court this morning and I got a chance to wonder around downtown LA. I'm one of those who thinks the Frank Gehry designed Disney Concert Hall is a great building. Well, I haven't been inside - well only in one lobby once - so I can't judge how well it works as a building, but visually it's enchanting.
Here are some notes from the tourist kiosk across the
street about opera in LA and the concert hall.





This shot was from the 9th floor of the court building.

I took a couple of night shots in February 2007.

[UPDATE:  Yikes!  The brain and fingers do strange things, but I've replaced "Geary" with the correct "Gehry."]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.