Sunday, December 05, 2021

What Red Light?

I was on my way home from 80,000 Schnizel at the Bear Tooth.  On La Touche waiting to turn left onto 36th.  It's generally a long light.  I was the second car.  After at least 30 seconds of red light, the car in front of me started to inch forward.  Was he really just going to ignore the light?  I grabbed my phone.  There's no question the driver knew the light was red.  They'd been waiting there for a while. Just didn't feel like waiting any longer I guess.  The phone says I took the pictures at 3:15pm.








It was at least another 30 seconds, maybe more, before the light changed to green.  These are low res pictures because even on my phone the license wasn't legible. It was either really dirty or even a paper dealer's license.  I'd like to think this was someone trying to get to Providence Hospital and decided it was safe to go.  

Once at this intersection, the light had turned green and I was just starting to go, when I realized a car was speeding down 36th from the east and wasn't planning to stop.  

 

2 comments:

  1. https://siouxlandnews.com/news/local/female-moose-creates-home-in-southwest-plymouth-county

    https://siouxlandnews.com/news/local/female-moose-creates-home-in-southwest-plymouth-county About 60 crow miles from me near Sioux city. Not the splendid beasts that roam Alaska and Canada, but more than big enough for mere iowans. Had one on this farm 25 years ago, from Minnesota, and never made it back home alive. Car got i9t on US Hiway 71 North of Spencer, iowa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate driving in Los Anchorage. When I rent a car at the airport, the first red light runner is on Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.