Friday, May 17, 2019

A Brief Post to Share The Wonder Of Denali National Park

It rained as we drove up here, but the sky was blue when we woke up this morning with just puffy white clouds.  Lots of animals, a good hike, a little biking on the park road.



































From our hike at Savage River.




Denali peeking through the clouds.
























Ptarmigan - Alaska's state bird, mostly switched from (white) winter coloring to summer garb.


North Face of Denali.


It's really true about how nature changes one's body rhythms.  I just feel more alive here.  Even on a rainy day, but particularly on a day like today.  This is a brief stop at the visitor center to share this, I've got a campfire and dinner to take care of now.

4 comments:

  1. You feel more alive there? Would you sing another tune if you got bear et?

    Funny thing is, I feel I know more about Alaska's wildlife than what iowa has to offer. Breath taking photos of Denali. The tallest peak in my area is the top of the corn crib, which is not used to store and dry ear corn anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I was on the bike when I saw a moose right next to the road. Well, I've jogged and biked past enough moose not to worry. Then I saw a bunch of cars stopped, including ours. It looked like a bear, but then my wife drove on, and I assumed if it was a bear she would have waited for me. But it was the bear in the pics. She said she couldn't find a good place to stop and there were plenty of other cars. So I did bike past that bear, but it paid no attention. It was looking for underground critters - digging burrows, hoping to catch someone home. And you have far more dangerous animals in Iowa - people like Rep. King.

    ReplyDelete
  3. people like Rep. King. Uh, King ain't no people. You are right he is dangerous, despicable, deplorable, disgusting, disgraceful and a creep. He is representing my district, but not for long, I hope. His own party is primarying his worthless hide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just thought of this, the last 2 representatives we had before King were Fred Grandy, aka Yeoman Purser Gopher Smith from the Love Boat and Berkley Bedell, a Dem and then last decent representative we had. You might be familiar with Berkley fishing products which was a company Bedell started as a young man.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.