Thursday, May 09, 2019

It's Spring

It's definitely spring.  Even with mostly cloudy days, it's warmer and the plants are starting to wake up.   I rode over the the Botanical Garden the other day on my new bike.  I was able to trade in my old bike - the one the physical therapist said wasn't good for my knee - after about 35 years.




The peonies are in various stages from not even poking out yet, to just coming in as these in the left,










to looking like a real plant like the ones below.






And this oxlip primrose was actually blooming already.
Back home I knew we had a tulip bud that was well along.  


But I didn't realize we too had something blooming - there was one bleeding heart flower out.






We also had a visitor.  If you look closely you can see that something has dined on these lilies.  The most likely culprit is a moose.



And yesterday these white scuff marks weren't on the cement at the bottom of our front steps.  I wouldn't have figured moose hooves if it weren't for the lily.  There's still a lot left.  Maybe it didn't taste too good.



2 comments:

  1. What's the difference between your old no-good-for-knees bike and your new one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The relationship between seat and the handlebars, their heights and distance from each other, changes how much and how I bend my knee. The old one was like a racing bike where I was leaning down onto the handlebars and the new one is more like a cruiser where I'm sitting up straighter.

      Delete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.