Sunday, October 28, 2012

Beautiful San Francisco Saturday Starts With Snow Boarding

Snowboarders were outside the Asian Museum across from the San Francisco city hall.  We'd checked out the Chinese Calligraphy exhibit (no photos allowed) and were getting ready to walk along the waterfront trail from Fort Mason to the Golden Gate Bridge.  Here are some photos from a gorgeous, blue sky day, with the temps in the high 70s.



Alcatraz in the background


These were weeds when I was growing up in LA.  Beautiful weeds.  What I didn't know then was that they were the flower of passion fruit which makes a great juice among other things.

We saw a number of birds, including this (I think) American bittern that was fishing.  When I get home I'm going to hunt for my old Audubon bird book and find the bittern picture.

 We were on the trail headed west, but every now and then I turned around to see the SF city scape too.


As you can see, we made it to the bridge.  Also, my camera has developed a speck of dust which shows up well in shots like this.  I knew I shouldn't have ordered a new door for the battery/card slot.  The camera is old enough that things would go wrong, like this spot.

As we walked back along Lombard, bars were packed with Giants fans watching the game and we saw a number of people celebrating Halloween this weekend.  A good day with my son and with old friends from the East Bay. 

We spent Sunday house hunting on the Peninsula.  Not for us, but good friends who live here.  Interesting what $1 million can't buy these days. 

1 comment:

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.