Monday, January 26, 2009

Bike Ride to Wat Pa Dara Phirom in Mae Rim


Pet drew a map to Wat Pa Dara Phirom Saturday night so I could ride my bike there for the Monday and Tuesday meeting. Let me just get this much up tonight and some pictures of the temple. I'll try to figure out what happened at the meetings tomorrow. He figured it was about 15 kilometers. That way he wouldn't have to come by and pick me up. Well his map was great and the ride was pretty good too.



This is past the stadium. It was nice to have somewhere other than the road to ride. Up until this sidewalk appeared I had to hug inside that white line. For a good ways, there was a small wall on the left (drive on the left in Thailand) and then the hill to the canal.



Then after the curve to the right, the separate sidewalk disappears and this bike/motorcycle lane shows up.



Pet had told me this is where the "Military - Horses" are. I guess that means the calvary. I joked that it probably smells and indeed, I smelled the horses just before there was a sign for the horses.


See, it's an official bike lane.




And there was the second military base.




And this is the great little road once you turn off the main highway.

[I've added a few more pictures and comments on this trip in Part 2]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.