Friday, January 23, 2009

Cut Through Wat Umong on Way to Work

Yesterday I used an extra bike at our building to go to work. But it was obvious when I got back that they really needed it and I shouldn't have accepted the offer. The seat was really hard and the brakes were ok as long as you didn't have to stop in less than 15 feet.

So today I walked again and decided to cut through Wat Umong. Most of the time last year I rode my bike and going through the temple grounds on the bike didn't seem the best thing to do. But walking it was great. And it seems to be something of a short cut as well. I've been trying to grab something from Google Earth, but I can't quite make sense of what I see in our neighborhood.

The first three pictures were going to work in the morning.








The last three pictures were on the way home.





This is definitely not your everyday temple, nestled as it is in a heavily wooded area.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I used to love biking but in the past years I wasn't doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.