Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Anchorage Closed Due to Ice

The advantage of living in Anchorage is supposed to be that we get snow and cold enough weather that it stays until spring and we don't have to deal too much with ice.  But that's been changing.  Here it is almost December, it's raining, and the streets are covered with wet ice. 

 


 



This is what if feels like when your feet find a slick patch.


But my grippers yesterday kept my feet on the ground.

And where they spread gravel on the ground it's a lot easier.

Not everything is closed.  People are driving slowly and most 
places are open including the airport.

1 comment:

  1. I canceled my morning class on Monday - I couldn't have made it out of our subdivision. And now today's are canceled. An 11-day Thanksgiving break!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.