Wednesday, August 20, 2008

NPR reports Congresswoman Stephanie Tubbs Jones Dies of [Suffers] [Dies of] an Aneurysm

[Update 11:17am: I don't usually deal with late breaking news and as you can see, I don't do it well. But now there are a reports online such as this updated ABC News report that reports that Congresswoman Jones has passed away.]


On NPR they just announced that Congresswoman Stephanie Tubbs Jones just passed away.

[11:07am NPR just had an on-the-hour report that says she is in the hospital with an aneurysm, but alive. I'm not sure why the conflicting reports on the same network.]

I'm checking the internet, I found this report from a couple of hours ago from ABC news when she was reported as 'stabilized.'

ABC News' Teddy Davis Reports: Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones, D-Ohio, was hospitalized Tuesday night at the Huron Road Hospital in East Cleveland after suffering an aneurysm while driving her car in Cleveland Heights.
As of noon ET on Tuesday, her condition had "stabilized," according to a statement released by her office.
This is significant to this blog because I have posted about the number of black members of Congress which gets a few hits daily. I put it up when I found no site where I could find a clear, accurate list where I could count how many black members of Congress there are. Trying to keep up to date on that list is not easy. I have added this information, but I'm not sure that there haven't been other additions or deletions since I posted it.

The picture is from About.com which also has a bio on Congresswoman Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.