Sunday, August 10, 2008

Taiko Concert - Drumming as a Full Body Sport

Mary, a reader, emailed me about this concert Monday night at West High.

Quite some time ago, we first saw the Kodo Drummers, at West High, I believe. I was totally caught up in the drumming - the incredible precision and strength of the drummers was mesmerizing.

When they came back to Anchorage, we saw and heard them again, this time in the Atwood Auditorium. Still incredible. (See the video I found on YouTube below - thanks Helloeudora)

I don't know how good Monday's groups will be, but I'm certainly going to give it a shot. This totally changed my perception of drumming. Here it is a full body sport.
Read this document on Scribd: Taiko Concert Anchorage



1 comment:

  1. KTUU 2 has a video of the groups who will be performing tonight. - Mary

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.