Monday, May 19, 2008

Shining Lights - Carol Comeau

A friend was organizing the Shining Lights dinner at the Sheraton Hotel and J was helping out Saturday and Sunday. This started as a synagogue event that honored people who were members of the congregation or the greater Jewish community each year and was held at the synagogue and was fairly low key. Last year's honoree was Jim Gottstein. The award honors individuals whose career is dedicated to public service and that demonstrates the highest level of character, integrity, and ethics. For the most part I think the people honored have fit that description, though one year, while we were out of the country, someone seems to have hijacked the award and they made a a terrible choice.

The event is also supposed to be a fund raiser as well. This year's five honorary chairs are the CEO's of BP, CIRI, BP Alaska, and JL Properties - none members of the Congregation or the Jewish Community to my knowledge - and the President of the Rose Foundation. Watching Joan and considering it was at the Howard Rock Ballroom at the Sheraton and all these corporate I was beginning to think this was going to be over the top.

But Carol Comeau is really an ideal recipient for this and the night turned out moving and inspiring. Here's are a few clips from the evening. I'd like to say highlights - but that implies I picked the best. Unfortunately I have limited room on my cardreader and so I video and hope I get some good parts to post. And the room was dark. And we were way in back. But you can get a sense of the evening.



Carol Comeau was the honoree this year and from my perspective it was a good choice.

1 comment:

  1. Steve...you did a FABULOUS job of capturing the true highlights of the evening! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.