Monday, May 05, 2008

Google Searches

Here are some of the search words people used to get to this site in the last couple of weeks. Some leave me scratching my head. Some leave me wanting to hear more of the story. Others make me wish I'd had more information for the person.

  • if mayo clinic turns down request
    • this doesn't sound hopeful
  • Conduction cooker
    • I meant to put up more information on the INnduction cooker hot plate we bought in Chiang Mai, but I never got around to it. I loved it. It doesn't get hot. It starts instantly, and when you change it to a lower level in changes instantly. And stops instantly. But you do need to have the right pot - aluminum and glass won't work. Wikipedia says:
An induction cooker uses induction heating for cooking. A ferromagnetic or ferrimagnetic coated pot is placed above an induction coil for the heating process to take place. This type of cooktop(or, stove top, range, etc. And in British English often times called a hob) does not work with non-ferromagnetic cookware, such as glass, aluminum, and most stainless steel, nor with ferromagnetic material covered with a conductive layer, such as a copper-bottomed pan.
if you were born in 1908 how old are you now
We returned the aluminum pot we bought and replaced it with a stainless steel pot that worked fine. Also got a stainless steel frying pan.

  • alaskan old people rituals sending old people to die on iceberg
    • No comment
  • country road westen style hadn bags wholoesale
    • No idea how this got to the person to this site

  • is child sex a sin?
    • What I find interesting is that these could have various meanings. My first reaction was, "You have to ask?" But, if say, this was a 15 year old wondering whether having sex with another 15 year old, it isn't as stark, say as it would be about a 45 year old contemplating a three year old. This got the searcher to a post on Eliot Spitzer.

  • how much different vocabulary does a three year old know
    • Interesting question, again not sure what post this got the person to.

  • alaska news, a man,sexual,dog
    • ??????
  • the anger wat temple history
    • was this person looking for Angkor Wat?

  • shameless sex thoughts
    • to Eliot Spitzer again

  • what do monks eat for lunch
    • I didn't have the answer for this person. Thai monks don't eat after 12 noon.
  • pigs are they dumb or smart
    • I think this got to a post on BP's dumb smart pigs

  • N begich jewish?
    • this came from someone in California
  • what kind of anchorage do you know
    • this came from Poland

  • bulbul birds for sale in the usa
    • This one from Albuquerque, got me upset. Why would someone want to buy a bulbul? I have seen a few in little cages in Chiang Mai and when you see how much fun they have flying around, you know how monstrous caging them is.
  • black tailed japanese rooster tattoo
    • The post with the Burmese man's tattoo on his back has attracted a number of hits, few, I suspect, looking for what they got

  • how will i come 2 know my true love
    • This one came from Bombay. What would you tell him? her?
  • at the height of its power (16th?17th century), it spanned three continents, controlling much of southeastern europe
    • This one came from DePaul University. Looks like a test or essay question. Were they allowed to Google in a test? Ropi will surely tell us the answer to this one.
  • audio of speech given by george washington on january 8, 1790
    • This one from New Dehli, using US English. Let me know if you get a copy of the original speech on audio. I'd love to hear it. My post on this suggested that the quotes were bogus.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!

    The AKman/dog/ sex was about the man who was arrested a few weeks ago for having sex with a dog. The man was a known sex predator of children.

    Now, HOW that is related to your blog is THE question :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed a lot of important stories I guess while we were gone. Didn't check to see what story that person got sent to, but I'm sure I have all those words somewhere on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.