Sunday, May 25, 2008

Alaska Democratic Conference Last Post - Headed Home

We left the Alaska State Fairgrounds in Palmer at 11:15pm. It is summer in Alaska, though it was still raining.
Despite my wish to ride my bike as much as possible, the 40 miles to the convention, in the rain, was beyond my resolve. Besides, my wife was going with me and while she enjoys the bike we got her last summer, she isn't into long distance biking. But we managed to stay behind slow cars in both directions.
Here we are near Eagle River, it's about 11:40pm now.


And the rain has finally stopped. It sure smells good out after the rain.

It was a good day. I'm afraid that I wasn't well focused on the details of the delegate count, but rather on capturing the look and feel of the convention. I've never been to a Democratic convention in Alaska even though this is my 31st year here. And I'm not alone. But a LOT of people were there today and it's pretty clear that Barack Obama got most of us there. Well, the chance to actually see and talk to John Dean, which I did before we left, was a big draw for me. While I was posting the beginning of his speech, J was getting an autographed copy of his new book, Broken Government which was the basis of his presentation to the convention.

1 comment:

  1. Weather forecast says we are going to have summer weather from Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.