Thursday, January 17, 2008

Rockin Dentist



I was going to be late if I walked, so I grabbed the bike. Part of the bike walk had been covered by the snow plowed off the street. Now, I think riding your bike on the road in the winter is more than tempting fate, but I did two blocks when the traffic thinned out and found the guy with the plow for the sidewalks. The rest of the short trip was easy. And mine wasn't the only bike in the Prov parking lot.



I didn't know I wasn't going to see my dentist. They usually ask and I always say I want to see Mark. They did ask about the hygienist, but not the dentist. Well as Tom worked on my teeth he told me about a great little concert he heard at Girdwood over the weekend. He's a closet guitarist and all was fine. But he hasn't been able to improve the inhouse music in the office. Without the staff, the dentists can't do much, and when it comes to what station is on in the office, the staff rule.

5 comments:

  1. I used to have a good dentist but I dislike the present one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is more difficult for me to see a dentist than an OB. I am infamous for not getting prenatal care for six or seven months because I don't want to be touched. I have a dentist now who knows this and touches my face before he goes at me (years of avoiding the dentists cost my teeth dearly) and says, "May I go into your mouth now?" He doesn't try to engage me in mindless conversation and talks about his daughter, the soccer team he coaches, his wife, but i never have to talk. His staff is the same way.

    A guitarist for a dentist? You've his a jackpot and you didn't have to go to Las Vegas! Guitars are sensitive like patients. In the pic, is Tom playing air guitar for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If my dentist ever moves I will go see your guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I removed a comment here - something I think I've only done once before. It was basically an ad. Since I don't even taken paying ads, I'm not taking non-paying ads.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.