Thursday, November 12, 2020

My Email To Senator Sullivan And His Response And Links For You To Contact Your Senators

Out of great frustration with Republicans in the Senate I sent an email to my junior Senator Dan Sullivan:

 

" Here's a Tweet from a Republican former head of the House Intelligence Committee: 


Mike Rogers 

@RepMikeRogers 

· 8h 

Our adversaries aren't waiting for the transition to take place. @JoeBiden should receive the President's Daily Brief (PDB) starting today. He needs to know what the latest threats are & begin to plan accordingly. This isn't about politics; this is about national security. 


Senator Sullivan - do your damn job and protect our Democracy from the internal threats caused by Trump's refusal to acknowledge reality and his spreading of conspiracy theories and fomenting his supporters to believe the election was stolen. And protect our nation from foreign threats by making sure the presidential transition proceeds immediately. 


I don't know what threats and enticements have kept the Republicans in the Senate so meek when it comes to confronting the very worst and most dangerous president of the United States ever, but you're a Marine. Do your duty, sir!"


Here's the response I got today:


"Thank you for contacting my office. Your opinions and concerns are important to me. My staff and I are hard at work to ensure Alaskan voices are represented in Washington and you will soon be hearing back from us with a more detailed response to your inquiry. In the meantime, please make sure to visit my website for additional information on recent legislation. 

I appreciate and am honored to have the opportunity to represent you in the U.S. Senate. 

Sincerely, 

Dan Sullivan 

U.S. Senator "


OK, I'm willing to accept that this is simply a courtesy response so that people know the email was received.  And he's promising a more detailed response.  

But we know that at least 109,000 people voted for Al Gross (Sullivan's Senate opponent).  If 5% of those people called up Sullivan's office each day for the next week on this topic, that would be 35,000 calls.  (Well not really because it would jam up his system, so you could send emails if you can't get through on the phone)  That kind of response might get his attention.  Though just coming off an election win, maybe not.  


Here's the website with all the contact information for Dan Sullivan. 

Here's the page for Lisa Murkowski.  (The Office Location link gives you phone numbers.)

And for non-Alaskans, here's the page to find your Senators.

 

6 comments:

  1. I get canned responses from Chuck Grassley of iowa when I rip him a new one for spreading Russia disinfo about Bidens.

    I hear Don young has covid. Can one feel sorry for a virus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. About 10 years ago I was dealing with the USCIS, they make it so you almost never are able to talk to a real person or get any relevant information. I sent a letter and a email to Lisa Murkowski's office on a Thursday, someone from her office called me the next Tuesday and ask me to explain a little more what was going on. I got a call back a couple of days later with an answer. You might try her, if I remember correctly her name was Sherry.
    Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we try to call our dear senator the voicemail box is always full. Count your blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say to try email, but I think your Senators are beyond hope.

      Delete
  4. Thoughts on Ballot Measure 2 gaining ground? This seems particularly exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, just waiting until we know for sure it won. Meanwhile here are two posts from the past on ranked choice from a) November 2019 and b) June 2020.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.