The Fourth of July is a good day to read the Declaration of Independence. To tease you into doing that, here's a quiz.
Declaration of Independence Quiz
1. Which of these terms was not used in the Declaration
- Almighty God
- Laws of Nature
- Nature's God
- The Supreme Judge
- all men are created equal
- all men are endowed by their creator with unalienable rights
- of the people, for the people, and by the people
- let Facts be submitted to a candid world
5. Which colony had the most people sign the Declaration?
6. Which colonies only had one person sign?
7. To whom did the Colonists plead their case (in vain) before writing this document?
8. How many specific complaints did the colonists list?
9. How many paragraphs are in the Declaration?
Here's a link to the Declaration. Using the find function you can find most of these answers fairly quickly. But I hope you don't rush through it. There's a lot worth thinking about.
Are there folks reading this who don't know how to 'find' something on a webpage?
How to find something on a page in Firefox.
How to find on your iPhone?