Tuesday, April 02, 2013

This Year I'm An Election Worker - Come Vote Today






I've been a poll watcher and last year I spent a fair amount of time following up Anchorage's screwed up election.  This year I decided to see things from the inside - I'm working as a poll worker. 

I picked up a copy of the elections handbook and read it carefully. 









There's a list of all the things you're supposed to have - though there are other things listed in the Manual - like an election binder - that isn't on this list.



There are about five troubleshooting pages.




I met with the chair of the precinct and another poll worker Monday night to set things up.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm not expecting a high turnout for this non-mayoral election, though the Assembly races will make a significant long term difference.  We could increase the mayor's majority or we could get a more liberal majority. 



So, be sure to vote. 

2 comments:

  1. My friends's brother used to work as an election worker, but I don't think it is for me. I would hate to wake up early. Here elections start at 6am and before you need to check that everything is fine and finish at 7pm and then you have to count the votes. I would never spend my Sunday like this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ropi, 6:15am was not appealing to me either. But, it was something I'd never done before so I sacrificed some sleep to do it. Glad to hear from you, hope school continues to be good.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.