Tuesday Dec. 7 - TODAY'S TIPS
This is getting harder as it becomes obvious that there are too many overlaps. For example
- Hello Lonesome is a feature in competition at 5:30pm at the Bear Tooth. It's won some awards. But it's 93 minutes so if I watch it all, I can't get to Out North in time to see all of . . .
- Journey on the Wild Coast starting at 7pm at Out North. This documentary is about Hig and Erin who walked/skied/and paddled from Seattle to the Aleutians. I missed it in another conflict once.
- The Wild Hunt was the opening night show and plays again at 7:45 at Bear Tooth. You can read my thoughts and hear some audience reaction. It's worth seeing, but I don't agree with the reviewers who put it 'in competition' but left Fanny, Annie, and Danny out of competition. I certainly am not interested in a second go at it.
- I think I'll just go to Out North for the 5:30 Documentary double bill - My Perestroika (in competition) and Samsui Women, a movie from Singapore. Stay for Journey and the shorts program Crazy Love. Damn. How can they have a whole shorts program and not have a single one of the films in competition in it? But judging by the animated films I saw Sunday, the best films may not all be 'in competition.' Jeff Watkins who made Dishonesty which I did see and will be meaningful to anyone in a relationship, is scheduled to be there.
- Then back to Bear Tooth for the Canadian Reception and shorts at 9:45pm.