Saturday, March 23, 2019

Anchorage's Temple Beth Sholom Get's New Alaskan Rabbi





Rabbi Abram Goodstein, at his installation last night told this story. (Loosely paraphrased.)

My bar mitzvah was right here at this bimah.  Afterward, we went into Rabbi Rosenfeld's office and I said, " It's over!!"
And the rabbi said to me, "No, this is just the beginning."
And here I am now at the same bimah, and that office is now my office.  

The synagogue was packed with members of the congregation and many community fans.


If you look closely, you can see the children's klezmer band playing "mazol tov".

This was a joyous occasion and bodes well for Anchorage.   And, of course, there was a lot of food.  This is the dessert table.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.