Wednesday, December 26, 2018

King Tut

My daughter had gotten tickets for the King Tut exhibit at LA's California Science Center.  This was the Museum of Science and Industry when I was a kid.



Here's part of the old facade.


It was all pretty overwhelming.







The Mercury capsule that took the US' first chimpanzee into space is there.

So is the Space Shuttle Endeavor.


The museum itself is free - in contrast to the Science Center in San Francisco.  So that means a lot of lower income families can come in and experience all he exhibits.   And during this holiday break, it was very crowded.



I'm still trying to process the exquisite craftsmanship of the items buried in Tutankhamen's tomb in 1300 BC.  It was really kind of crazy in the darkened rooms full of people and baby strollers crowding around the glass display boxes.








`But I thought I' share a little bit here while I think about it.




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful exhibit -- saw it years and years ago in Ottawa. The craftsmanship was, as you say, remarkable -- but I don't know why we are surprised. Thanks for reminding me.

    And I wish you and your family Happy, Meaningful days ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.