Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Learning Something's Up Through Sitemeter

I'm not sure I even want to post about this.  I suddenly got a lot of hits today for the "helen louise mcdowell sanctuary, anchorage." I did a photo post on the park last year April when it first opened to the public as a sanctuary.

I have had people getting to this blog googling for the sanctuary every now and then, but never three in a row, and then more, and more, and more.  Something's up, I thought.  So I  googled to see what else comes up with that search.

The lovely park bordering the New Seward Highway just before it gets to 36th (headed north), it turns out, was where a young woman's body was found this morning. Not the sort of news I generally cover. But being alerted to news by google searches is a blogging side effect to note for the record. My sympathies go out to the family. I can't think of much worse news for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.