Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Snow Chutes and Terrorism

Now and then I suddenly get a spike of hits for old posts that haven't seen much attention for a while.  Here are two good ones from 2012 that have been getting hits yesterday and today.

People going to the snow chute post seem to be mostly from the northeast.  I wonder why?  It's got some pictures and video of my using the snow chute I bought from a student long ago.  Her father invented it.  It's so simple,clever, and effective - a combination I love - but I don't think any are for sale now.

The other one - Is Terrorism a Hate Crime? - compares the two concepts.  Not sure what's causing that one to suddenly start getting hits.  Hate crimes and terrorism have been ongoing since I posted it.  The post looks in detail at the contradiction of folks who want to go after terrorists but argue there is such a thing as a hate crime.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to venture a guess that the murder of 3 Muslim students in North Carolina might have something to do with the spike in activity on the hate crime/terrorism thing.

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/chapel-hill-shooting-three-young-muslims-gunned-down-in-north-carolina-at-their-family-home-10037734.html

    http://www.wsj.com/articles/man-charged-with-killing-3-in-chapel-hill-n-c-1423660668

    Definitely a hate crime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow chutes? Northeast?

    http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/09/us/northeast-snow/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe, I didn't make the connection to the shooting. Thanks. I did link (On "I wonder why?) to the CNN story in the post already. I know you don't expect sarcasm here, but that isn't aimed at anyone, except, perhaps, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I have made mention to you before,

    ...more and even sharper sarcasm wouldn't hurt one bit.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.