Thursday, August 05, 2010

Separating Private and Blogging Worlds

I tend not to drag family and friends into the blog, but sometimes it would feel almost dishonest to not mention that I'm visiting say, my mom, but I try to do it in passing.  Sometimes there are milestones I really want to share with readers who know my family or friends, because it affects, to an extent, what I'm thinking and feeling.  However, sometimes the person involved will say something like, "Your private and blogging lives should stay separate."  So I won't mention that someone I know got approval of an important document and now moves on to a new stage in life.  And I'm delighted and pleased and proud. 

5 comments:

  1. Someone who you have never metFriday, August 6, 2010 at 12:22:00 AM AKDT

    :) Thumbs up to this person and wishing him or her success and that they use their talents wisely and with compassion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to him/her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't say that they have to remain separate. But keeping separate online identities can be very useful. Those boundaries are very porous. But it's often easier to negotiate these boundaries when they're part of an actual practice.
    In a way, one side of your life can be a release .from the other part. But, of course, a lot of things may spill over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you know who and thanks for passing on the news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, JudgeKitty :) And everyone else!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.