Friday, September 29, 2006

Blogging to Nobody

When I set this up, in part I wanted to figure out how blogs work and just figure out what's happening in the blog world. I've been checking out the next blog button and leaving messages as I mentioned earlier. Here are some tentative findings:

1. Lots of blogs, not a lot of comments.
2. People get their friends to visit their blogs.
3. I was able to connect with Google early on, and they crawled my blog. I was even able to find my blog thru google with enough specific parameters. But lately I haven't been able to do that. I seem to no longer exist. Except I can get to me through Google's blog search, but not Google search.
4. There are lots of schemes for people to increase their hits. I found a couple by accident. I left some comments on other people's blogs, and two of those people left comments on mine. And there is stuff in blog help that talks about how to increase traffic.
5. 25Peeps is a site I found through another blog. It links to your site from your picture, and they have some scheme to rate each pic and how long it stays up. But they don't seem to have changed any pics since I first looked at it. It all seems to be a clever scheme to get people to keep going back to 25peeps.

Anyway, that's a bit what I've learned. If anyone reads this, and knows more than I do - not hard - please give me some tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.