Wednesday, June 14, 2023

333.33 - I'm 1/3 Of The Way To My 1000 KM Goal

This is what my windshield looked like when I dropped the car off at Speedy Glass yesterday.  The new windshield was ordered March 28 and it only just arrived and was ready to be installed on June 13!  I really couldn't use it - seeing out from the driver's seat was pretty tricky.  And the bullseye was leaning in and I was afraid that a good bump might bring it all crashing in.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, an icicle did this.  





In any case I had my bike with me and headed straight for Chester Creek and the bike trail to the Coastal trail.  My normal bike rides are anywhere from 12-16 km (7.5 miles to 10 miles) but I've decided to push that a bit so I reach my 1000 km (about 600 miles) goal for the summer. 

The Coastal trail loop from my house is about 40 km, a lot more than I want to do on any given day, so I just don't get on it too often.  But yesterday reminded me how beautiful it is.



I rode a little past Neptune - about 13 km - and turned around.  (The sun is downtown at 4th and F. I did more on the background of this project a few years ago.)
















When I got back I'd gone just under 25 km (15 miles).  I read my book for a while and soon the car was ready.  



The folks at not-so-Speedy Glass were very nice and apologized for the long wait which they attributed to 'supply-chain problems.'

When I got home and added the mileage onto my 2023 bike log, I had exactly 333.33 km.  Precisely 1/3 of the goal.  Though I expect I'll a little further than the 1000 km by the time there's snow.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Congrats! on getting your windscreen repaired (at long last). All's well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.