Saturday, February 28, 2015

Each Candle Represented 31 Years









We had a quiet birthday dinner with my mom last night.  Three candles.  And the food she asked for.  Calf's liver smothered in onions, roasted potatoes, and green peas.  Food she had as a child and thus I had as a child. Dessert was a pflaumen Kuche made by her friend.  We also got to skype with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  A good birthday. 



I've enhanced the birthday cake a bit with photoshop.  Pflaume = plums.





4 comments:

  1. Wonderful gift for all of you - thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a first selfish thought, but this happy post makes me miss my own mother, who would be 95 now, she, the daughter of a Swedish immigrant mother.

    Turning this round, I know that knowing of my own love for my mom, I can and do wish you and your mother the very best this birthday, from one mother's son to another.

    To the women who made us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your thoughts. Moms and sons have complicated relationships. It's good to have this time together now and giving back some of what she's all done for me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.