Saturday, March 01, 2014

Why I Live Here - Walking Over To Catch iditarod

After a Citizens' Climate Lobby meeting this morning at UAA, I walked over to Goose Lake to catch a bit of the Iditarod's ceremonial start.  There were a lot of long tongues hanging out. 

#19 Allen Moore's dogs

I brought my 'good' camera for this, but I wasn't prepared for how hard shooting the moving dogs would be.  The camera let me pull out a few reasonably focused shots. 


#22 Robert Sorlie


#20  Scott Janssen's dogs




#25 Norman Schroeder coming over the Northern Lights bridge at Goose Lake

Names are based on the ADN list of mushers and their numbers which I'd link to, but I can't find online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.