Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Storm's Over, Maybe





The wind roared into Anchorage last night while I was working on longish post and I just knew the power was going to go out, which it did before the post was ready. J already had candles lit.

Schools were closed today and so was the university.  Our electricity came back on about 7am, but not our internet connection.  I'm using the wifi at my dentist's office for this.  Our house looked ok this morning - just a few small branches in the driveway.  But my hygienist said they'd lost shingles from the roof and a few trees blew over.  



Here's this afternoon's sky from the dentist's office.


2 comments:

  1. Passover in my neighborhood! No power outage, no trees down !

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, I spoke to someone last night (Wed) whose electricity was still out - and she lives less than 1/2 mile from me. It's on all around her, just her side of the street - including the traffic light on 36th.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.