Monday, August 14, 2006

Verifying

So I have to verify myself to Google to check their site maps. Not really sure what I'm doing, but have to "Create the HTML verification file specified below and upload it to http://whatdoino-steve.blogspot.com/. [?]" Let's see if this works. If anyone who knows anything reads this and knows what I'm really supposed to do, let me know. Thanks.

google48c8cbe094bdfa38.html

Later: Well, that didn't work, but a little time with blogger help and google help for webmasters, I was able to use the other verifying option - putting a tag into the index. Since I didn't know what a tag was and have never done any HTML before, the help pages obviously did a good job.

So, what I learned is that the Google crawlers have so far not located this site. That I could notify them of the site - which I did - and they found no errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.