Sunday, July 09, 2006

Spittle Bugs

It looks like someone spit. A white bubbly mass adorning various plants in the yard. I assumed it was some bug laying eggs. I've been spraying them with the hose every day for a week and a half now. Checked the internet today. A couple google tries and I finally hit it with 'spittle'. Turns out the bugs protect themselves by creating this mass of white bubbles. Apparently they don't do much damage, and all but the pesticide site said that spraying with a hose was enough.
[For later post with pictures click here.]

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I have too much time on my hands despite the history contest so I was curious about your 1st post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.