Friday, April 04, 2014

Bad Survey Design

I got an email survey about a Credit Union I have an account in.  Here's the first question:

I haven't used any of them in the last 30 days, so I clicked on the 'next' button and got this:


So, my choices are to 1.  click here and go back to the first page or just quit.  I have no option to say, "I haven't used any of them in the last 30 days."   Perhaps they are only interested in the last 30 days, but then there should be an option to say, "None" and then they could thank me and say the survey is done and not left me in a catch-22 loop.  And if the survey has more general questions than just the last 30 days, they've lost my input. 

1 comment:

  1. With the ceaseless and growing emphasis on maths in statistical research, I wonder if universities have lost the script on this. I see this in design here as well, even among the big boys in the social research field. Basic and simple mistakes that throw a thoughtful respondent into non-response.

    I quit the things and send along a note to anyone I can find with the outfit if I decide to bother. Now to think of it, it's probably MBA programs that are to blame! (smile)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.