Sunday, June 08, 2008

Frittatas, Hawaiian Music, Apple, People We Don't Know We Know



I once thought I was cooking omelettes, but long ago someone told me I was cooking a frittata. Just to be sure today I checked and by Wikipedia definition, it's not technically a frittata either. Mine never makes it to a grill.




A frittata is a type of Italian omelette that frequently features fillings such as meats, cheeses, and vegetables. Like a traditional French omelette, a frittata is prepared in a skillet. However, whereas an omelette is cooked on a stovetop and served folded, a frittata is first partially cooked on a stovetop but then finished under the grill (broiler) and served open-faced.
This is my normal Sunday breakfast, but we had a friend coming over today, so I made a bigger one. And while I was cooking, Island Style was on the the radio, another Sunday tradition. Hit the yellow button to get a bit of Island Style. This one is half with egg yellow and half with egg white only.

Remix Default-tiny Island Style Hana Guy by AKRaven

And some fruit salad and a few other tasties.



Have you ever met someone you knew about, but you didn't know it was him? At the Alaska Apple User Group (AAUG which meets this Wednesday at 7pm at the Anchorage Museum) there was a man named Guy who was in charge of the products you can take home and keep if you review them.

One day something came up and in my head, finally, Hana Guy on Island Style, and Guy at the AAUG merged into the same person. Hana Guy is on the right (Kalihi Boy and Honey Girl) and in this picture from the Island Style website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.