Monday, June 30, 2008

Almost Midnight Sun, Blue Sky Building, Permanent Moose

These pictures were going to be part of the last post, but Blogger kept having internal problems with the pictures. But they work on this new post window.

When I posted some pictures of new buildings last week, I didn't know that the ADN was posting pictures of this new one on Northern Lights and C that same day. I found the article yesterday looking for something else. They don't have a name for the building either, but they did know a little more information. As we walked home from dinner at the Tofu House last night we saw the building from a different angle.

While we love the days of increasing light each year, we do tend to take the late sunsets for granted after a while. But sometimes the light shines in a way that we can't help notice that, oh yeah, it's not staying light as long, the sun's setting and it's only 11:07 pm.

And I often pass these moose on one of my regular running routes, but I don't usually have my camera when I run.

2 comments:

  1. Ropi, in the far north of the world, the sun doesn't set for part of the year. So they have midnight sun. We aren't that far north, but we do have sun until almost midnight in June.

    More at wikipedia

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.