Saturday, December 15, 2018

Nancy Wilson Was The Soundtrack Of My Life


I'm not sure exactly when Nancy Wilson came into my life.  Maybe the end of high school or the beginning of college.  I was even in an elevator with her before a concert at UCLA once. I couldn't say a word.  Her albums lifted me out of whatever problems I was facing.

They still transport me to another world, even if I have to move the arm when the needle his a scratch in my 50 year old vinyls.

It's hard to believe that golden voice has been silenced.  This is just a sampling of a few vocal jewels.



Here's more factual stuff from the LA Times.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the memories, Steve,

    Being from a similar age cohort, my feelings are very similar. Not only a great voice, but an excellent sense of what music best suited her. Seductive, but always dignified.

    Her knowledge of her craft and the jazz canon was excellent. I always tried to reserve Saturday evenings for her NPR Jazz Profiles.

    Bill Butler
    Ad Summum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...speaking of entertainers of a certain age: Gina just discovered Mort Sahl is still working(!!). We're going to see him Thursday in Mill Valley. Will report.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.